In the brief biography of each Honor Swimmers and Honor Contributors all awards and honors bestowed by The International Swimming Hall of Fame (ISHOF) and its affiliated organizations are noted.
IMSHOF: The Dale Petranech Award for Services to the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame (awarded by the IMSHOF Executive Committee)
International Masters Swimming Hall of Fame: Honorees
International Swimming Hall of Fame:
Thirteen Annuals Awards Categories
IMSHOF honorees have been the recipients of the following ISHOF awards: Lifetime Achievement, Paragon, Buck Dawson Authors, Gold Medallion, G. Harold Martin, Al Schoenfield Media and Presidential.
Additionally, two of the ISHOF awards are specifically for marathon swimmers/contributors: Irving Davids/Captain Roger W. Wheeler (see previous winners: http://www.ishof.org/irving-davidscaptain-roger-w.-wheeler-memorial-award.html) and Poseidon (see previous winners: http://www.ishof.org/poseidon-award.html) . The nominations, voting and presentation (at the annual IMSHOF Induction Ceremony) has been delegated to the IMSHOF.
For these two awards the IMSHOF accepts nominations subject to the details in the criteria tab with the following expansion of the Poseidon Award criteria:
Criteria for Nomination for Poseidon Award
- Outstanding Marathon Swimming achievement as a Swimmer or Contributor that warrants special recognition
- Must be a superior achiever at the highest level
- Have the support of their peers
- Integrity, sportsmanship, and character will be considered along with achievement
- Any person or organization can make nominations for consideration by the selection committee
- The primary consideration for selection is high-level achievement from personal effort or initiative in a field of endeavor that contributes to the performance of marathon swimmers or to the development and status of Marathon Swimming to the world
- Nominees should have made a major contribution at the international level to Marathon Swimming generally
- Whichever area of involvement. Nominees will be from:
– Sport developers
– Achievers at the highest level of office or appointment that is available
– Contributors to the sport generally at the highest level
- Mere long-term service by a nominee is not sufficient justification for selection without having satisfied the primary requirements listed above or demonstrated outstanding achievement arising from personal initiative or innovation.